Monday, October 3, 2011

A Step Back

So after losing 5 lbs the first week of the challenge, I managed to gain 2 lbs this past week. 

3rd Weigh-in:  212.6 lbs


I did many of the same things this past week that I did during the first week (walking, eating 
mostly healthy, playing soccer), yet disappointingly, I actually gained weight. Many of my co-workers kindly suggested that muscle gain could have contributed to the increase, but everything I'm doing is designed to trim fat, not add muscle.

I think the real reason I added weight this week was because I overindulged a bit at a cookout on Saturday. I consumed plenty of beer along with chips, hotdogs, coneys and had a peanut butter milkshake for dessert. One day of overindulgence erased 6 days of healthy eating and exercise. I will do my best to make sure that it does not happen again during the rest of the weight loss challenge.


On a positive note, I am still 3 lbs under my starting weight and on pace to reach my initial weight loss goal of 15 lbs. I'm still confident that I can attain my weight loss goal.



1 comment:

  1. Keep that Positive attitude and you will reach your goal:)

    ReplyDelete