Monday, September 19, 2011

The Initial Weigh-in

Our receptionist has been tasked with recording the individual weekly weigh-ins and, besides the person being weighed, she is the only person who is supposed to see the results. This will not be the case for me. I have decided to post my weigh-ins here to provide accountability and extra motivation.

My initial weigh-in was completed this morning and the result was shockingly (to me) the highest recorded weight of my life...

Initial Weigh-in:  215.6 lbs

That is 5.6 lbs over my previous high of 210, recorded at the end my freshman year of college in 2002 and again earlier this year in 2011 (I contend that it was mostly muscle weight in college, but the same cannot be said in 2011). I was a fit 190 lbs when I got married in June 2009, so I have packed on over 25 lbs in approximately 27 months time.

I've read that losing 1 lb per week is a healthy approach to weight loss, which would mean losing 12 lbs and finishing the challenge at 203 lbs. I would like to finish this challenge at an even 200 lbs, which means losing about 15 lbs over a 12 week period. I believe this is not too far of a stretch from the 1 lb per week approach. I'm open to any feedback, so please feel free to provide your opinion in the comment section below.


2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. And let me tell you that holding yourself accountable so publicly makes all of the difference in the world. You will definitely make better decisions and push yourself harder. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool, I will be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete