Sunday, September 25, 2011

Week One Comes to a Close

It's the last day of Week 1 of the weight loss challenge, so how have I fared so far? Well, I walked during my lunch break every day during the work week as well as Monday evening after work. I also played soccer on Thursday night at Revolution Park and I have another game tonight at Strikers Soccer Center, weather permitting.

I have made mostly healthy food choices all week. We went out to Chili's on Friday night with our friends and I had the avocado burger w/fries and a Sam Adams Octoberfest. We actually tried going to Olive Garden, but the wait was too long. Before heading over to Chili's, we met Brian Shaw, winner of the 2011 World's Strongest Man Competition which was held at Wingate University earlier this week, while he was waiting for a table. Brian Shaw is a BIG man, 6'8" 460 lbs to be exact, but he was very polite and friendly. Anyone who thinks those guys are just oversized lumberjacks are sadly mistaken. They train extremely hard for those competitions and it definitely motivates you when you hear them talk about their workout regimen. It was a neat experience.

Saturday was a lazy day. Jen and I had planned to play tennis in the morning and then take care of some yard work for most of the afternoon. Mother Nature had other plans. It poured on and off all day long and we had to cancel any plans of going outside to do anything. I feel a little guilty about not doing anything active yesterday, but it's fine, it's just one day. Today is Sunday, NFL football starts in about an hour and Jen and I are going to a bar down the road to watch the Eagles take on the Giants and then I have a soccer game tonight, where I'm sure to burn off some calories before our second weigh-in tomorrow morning.

If I am adhering to my initial statement of losing 15 lbs over a 12 week period, I will be happy if I weigh-in around 213 tomorrow. I'll be sure to let you know. For now, enjoy your Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment