Tuesday, September 20, 2011

MNF and Beer

Yesterday was Day 1 of the Weight Loss Challenge. It was also a Monday, which means Monday Night Football. I go out with a group of friends nearly every Monday to watch MNF and last night was no exception.

Our MNF crew went out to Whiskey Warehouse last night and, aside from trying one of my buddies' sweet potato fries, I didn't eat any of their delicious food which includes burgers, sandwiches and wings. My wife, Jen, made us roasted broccoli & garlic with brown rice and beans for dinner before I went out. What I did have, however, were a few beers. And I'm not talking about light beers. I enjoy real beers. Porters, stouts, red ales, white ales, wheat ales, hefeweizens, Belgians, any beer by Dogfish Head, you get the idea. I have my father to thank for my beer passion (thanks Dad).

Many of these beers are full-bodied, full-flavored beverages that pack many more calories than your average light beer. This will pose a problem for me during the challenge, but I will not be switching over to light beers. I intend to carry over the healthier eating habits and more frequent exercise routines established during these 12 weeks and integrate them into my daily life after the challenge ends. With that said, I don't want to treat this time period like a diet where I give up certain food/drinks completely and then go back to them afterwards.

I want to complete this challenge without giving up a few things in my life, and drinking real beer is one of them...because a future without real beer is no future at all.

Beer and MNF go hand-in-hand.

1 comment:

  1. It's all about life style, not too much of any one thing and always drink good beer.[see above]

    ReplyDelete